The Paper Wasp (Kobo eBook)
- The anticipated first novel from Lauren Acampora is an imaginative and uniquely suspenseful story of two childhood friends who both want to make it in Hollywood and the cult-like institution they are involved with.
- Protagonist Abby Graven is one whose darker machinations unfold as the plot progresses, making it a surprising and suspenseful read.
- Acampora’s story collection The Wonder Garden received rave reviews in the Boston Globe, the New York Times Book Review (“Often a single sentence twists sinuously, charged with positive and negative electricity"), People, BBC.com, and others, as well as earning 4 starred prepubs. It was also an Indie Next Pick, a Barnes and Noble Discover Selection, an Amazon Spotlight Pick and Book of the Month and an NPR Best Book of the Year. It won the GLCA New Writers Award and was finalist for a New England Book Award. We expect similar press for The Paper Wasp.
- The Paper Wasp will appeal to fans of twisty novels featuring unreliable protagonists, such as The Talented Mr Ripley by Patricia Highsmith, Tangerine by Christine Mangan, What Was She Thinking by Zoe Heller, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, and The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud.
- Acampora’s writing has been compared with that of John Cheever, Ann Beattie, Flannery O’ Connor and the work of David Lynch.