Search for a Book:
Book Consignment Info
Dear Annie Bloom's Customers and Authors,
Thank you for your interest in placing your new book on our shelves. We do our best to provide shelf space for consignment books, while still keeping in mind our inventory needs and the interests of our customers. You are welcome to send us notification of your book's publication to email@example.com, with a subject line that includes the title, author, and "Attn: Book Buyer."
If we decide to carry your book, and it is available for us to order directly from a major publisher or small press, we will purchase it from them. Our ability to do so varies from publisher to publisher.
In the case that your book is newly self-published or is published by a boutique press or micro press, we may offer you the opportunity for us to sell it on a consignment basis. (Please note that, due to the restocking fees Ingram imposes on returns, we do not utilize them for this purpose.) Also: We will not stock books (or host readings for books) that have been published via CreateSpace or any other Amazon affiliate program.
On consignment, the book remains the property of the consignor until sold. Annie Bloom's Books is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise. If you would like your book considered for stock, please follow our consignment guidelines:
• We prefer that consignment requests be made in writing, via email. We are unable to accommodate walk-in visits or telephone inquiries prior to acceptance.
• Our standard consignment terms are: We take a 40% discount (i.e., 60% of sales go to the author/consignor) and we keep consigned books in stock for a minimum of 90 days (depending on sales). The books remain the property of the consignor until sold and Annie Bloom's Books is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise. The bookstore is unable to pay shipping for orders or returns.
• To submit a book for consideration, please email a one-paragraph letter including:
- Your contact information.
- ISBN and price information.
- Promotional materials.
- Publicity plans, target audience, and any connections to Annie Bloom's and/or Multnomah Village. Book submissions without local publicity plans and without specific demonstrated interest in Annie Bloom's will receive scant attention.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line that includes the title, author, and "Attn: Book Buyer." If we feel your book may have a market with our customers, we will respond to your inquiry and may request a review copy. Please do not mail or drop off review copies in person. All unsolicited books will be donated.
• Due to the heavy volume of submissions, this review process can take several weeks or longer, depending on the season.
• A one-time consignment fee may apply. This fee helps pay for the extra labor involved in tracking inventory and payments for each title.
Thank you for your interest in Annie Bloom's Books. We are proud to support local authors who actively promote independent bookstores.