Book Consignment Info
Dear Annie Bloom's Customers
Thank you for your interest in placing your new book at Annie Bloom's Books. If your book has been published by an established publisher, and we decide to carry it, we will purchase it directly from that publisher. If that is the case, you are welcome to send us notification of your book's publication to email@example.com.
If your book is newly self-published or not readily available through our preferred wholesalers (e.g., Ingrams, PGW), we may offer you the opportunity for us to sell it on a consignment basis. However: We will not stock books (or host readings for books) that have been published via CreateSpace or any other Amazon affiliate program. On consignment, the book remains the property of the consignor until sold. Annie Bloom's Books is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise. If you would like your book considered for stock, please follow our consignment guidelines:
• For books that are accepted on consignment, a $10 one-time service fee is required for each account. This fee helps pay for the extra labor involved in tracking inventory and payments for each title.
• We prefer that consignment requests be made in writing, via email. We are unable to accommodate walk-in visits or telephone inquiries prior to acceptance.
• Our standard consignment terms are: We take a 40% discount (i.e., 60% of sales go to the author/consignor) and we keep consigned books in stock for a minimum of 90 days (depending on sales).
• To submit a book for consideration, please email a one-paragraph letter including your contact information, ISBN, and price information, along with promotional materials, publicity plans, target audience, and any connections to Annie Bloom's and/or Multnomah Village. Book submissions without local publicity plans and without specific demonstrated interest in Annie Bloom's will receive scant attention.
*Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we feel your book may have a market with our customers, we may request a review copy. Please do not mail or drop off review copies in person. All unsolicited books will be donated.
• Due to the heavy volume of submissions, this review process can take several weeks or longer, depending on season.
• The decision made by our buyers is final.
We are proud to support local authors who actively promote their book's availabilty at Annie Bloom's. We do our best to provide shelf space for consignment books, while still keeping in mind our inventory needs and the interests of our customers. Thank you for your interest in Annie Bloom's Books.